So how many....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm cleaning out yet another free 55 I came across... And I don't wanna make it a single aggressive fish tank as I have 3 of them already. So... I was thinking I wanna do a tacky 70's throwback single species tank. I'm thinking neon tetras... How many can I put in a 55 haha I know it's gonna be a lot but that's all I want in it. (or some other species that is small and I can put just a redic. Amount of them in)

I know it's silly. But I think it will be fun.

Thanks.
-Andrew-

Attachments

• image-1493096718.jpg
    image-1493096718.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 47
Thats a funny idea. Are you going to do the neon colored gravel, and silly scuba guy? i would do 50-60 cardinal tetras.

If you really wanted to go for a lot of fish, you could easily put 150 chili rasboras in... and they school really tight too. Would look awesome. I don't think the tacky part would look all that great with schooling fish of any sort though.

Well, you could do zebra danios. They are cheaper and considering the amount you are looking at, I would go with the cheapest fish I could find.

If you really wanted to go for a lot of fish, you could easily put 150 chili rasboras in... and they school really tight too. Would look awesome. I don't think the tacky part would look all that great with schooling fish of any sort though.

That would be pretty but so expensive! They are $15 a piece in my area.

my first aquarium, all neons with red, blue, and black gravel. Classic! Hope to see pics, althogh, I kind of agree with mfdrookie in that any kind of nice school will kind of outclass "tacky" but it sounds really cool, good luck!

Oh yeah, it will have 2, pen 350 filters. Just incase I don't do the species tank. The filtration won't be a problem.

But there will be all sorts of fake plants and bubblers. I plan on a volcano on one side the up and down scuba guy on the other. A bubble wall along the back. And lots and lots and LOTS of eye gouging color haha!!

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Well, this sounds so cute. You need a "No Fishing" sign.

It's in my Bichir tank haha! It Will be moved if I start this tank though.

And I just did some math. I think I would start off with 20 neons. Then add 5-10 a week at payday until I have roughly 50 in there haha.

Back
Top Bottom