So I bought a little goldfish (the story of my life)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkymom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
for my 2 year old. Now, she won't be taking care of it obviously...but anyway, I brought it home and placed it in a large plastic pitcher to begin acclimating it. I also bought another filter to put on the tank so it has more filtration. In the process of mounting the filter on the tank, I knocked over the pitcher along with all the water and the goldfish. There's nowhere for him to go but in the tank. So in the tank he went. He stayed in the lower corner for a while and then started to explore. Is he gonna be alright? I know my 2 year old won't care, but I think he's so darn cute I'd like to keep him around for a while. BTW, he's currently in a 10 gal with 2 Aqua Clear filters rated for tanks up to 20 gal. I stole some filter media from my Oscar's tank to super fast cycle it and added the new filter also. BTW, has anyone noticed the new media that comes with the Aqua Clear filters now? Pretty cool I think. I hope my little goldfish will be ok. He's one of those fantail deals and has gold and black on him. So cuuuuute!!!

Once, I had a bala shark jump out of a tank as I was trying to move him from one tank to another. When I first put him in he sat behind a piece of driftwood on the ground breathing kind of heavy but he was fine after a little bit and is doing fine. Most fish are tougher than we give them credit for, your goldfish will probably be fine.

I was draining my 30 gallon one time, and I filled the bathtub up with cold water and started washing the decor, what should plop out but my missing catfish I presumed to be dead! Right into the cold tap water! I quickly snagged him out of the water and dropped him into my then active 10 gallon. He was fine. Hopefully your fish will be too :) .

Back
Top Bottom