Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

So I went to my LFS today and this is what I THINK I decided

So after the disease is gone from the tank(waiting a few weeks) I will add t he fish from my quarantine tank into the 29 gallon tank. That includes 2 zebra danios, 3 corys, 2 glowlight tetras.

I will have 6 zebra danios in all.

So I was thinking to add a flame dwarf gouarmi, and add to glowlight tetras. Maybe having 5-7 in all. What do you think? Could I add any more fish in there? with 5-7 glowlight tetras, 3 corys, 1 dwarf goourami, and 6 zebra danios?

I decided against the angelfish. I also saw a blue ram there but I read that they must have perfect water, so it is out also.

What do you think of my new plan?

Old 06-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Get more cories! Atleast 3 more.

Instead of the blue ram, see if you can find a Bolivian. They are not as sensitive.

I think the new plan is good. You could even get a couple more danios. I would get 8 glowlights. They do better and look better in larger groups. Add more cories and get a Bolivian ram and the tank will be stocked.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #3

my LFS doesn't have a Bolivian ram. I like the idea of 8 glowlight tetras. the two in my Q tank are FINALLY actually moving around and eating after a MONTH of just sitting there! yay!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

You do not have to have "perfect" water to keep Rams. Yes, they are sensitive, but if you purchase tank raised Rams they do not have to have the low pH. Other than that, as long as your other water values are acceptable, you'll be fine. Accceptable meaning that Ammonia and Nitrites are 0 and Nitrates are around 10.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #5

I tested yesterday:

ammonia:0

nitrite:0

nitrate:10

pH: 7.6

what about 8 glowlight tetras, one dwarf gouarmi, 6 zebra danios, and EITHER 4 platies or 3 swrodtails?

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com