So I went to my LFS today and this is what I THINK I decided

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettagirl7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So after the disease is gone from the tank(waiting a few weeks) I will add t he fish from my quarantine tank into the 29 gallon tank. That includes 2 zebra danios, 3 corys, 2 glowlight tetras.

I will have 6 zebra danios in all.

So I was thinking to add a flame dwarf gouarmi, and add to glowlight tetras. Maybe having 5-7 in all. What do you think? Could I add any more fish in there? with 5-7 glowlight tetras, 3 corys, 1 dwarf goourami, and 6 zebra danios?

I decided against the angelfish. I also saw a blue ram there but I read that they must have perfect water, so it is out also.

What do you think of my new plan?

Get more cories! Atleast 3 more.

Instead of the blue ram, see if you can find a Bolivian. They are not as sensitive.

I think the new plan is good. You could even get a couple more danios. I would get 8 glowlights. They do better and look better in larger groups. Add more cories and get a Bolivian ram and the tank will be stocked.

my LFS doesn't have a Bolivian ram. I like the idea of 8 glowlight tetras. the two in my Q tank are FINALLY actually moving around and eating after a MONTH of just sitting there! yay! :D

You do not have to have "perfect" water to keep Rams. Yes, they are sensitive, but if you purchase tank raised Rams they do not have to have the low pH. Other than that, as long as your other water values are acceptable, you'll be fine. Accceptable meaning that Ammonia and Nitrites are 0 and Nitrates are around 10.

I tested yesterday:

ammonia:0

nitrite:0

nitrate:10

pH: 7.6

what about 8 glowlight tetras, one dwarf gouarmi, 6 zebra danios, and EITHER 4 platies or 3 swrodtails?

Back
Top Bottom