So I'm Moving........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffergirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well its final, I'm moving to a new place. Which unfortunatley means moving all my fish tanks. I have done this once before for an hour long move and everything went fine. This time its only accross the street to a larger place. My only concern is my clown loaches, I didn't have them for the move last time. I know they are very particular and pickey with water parameters. Will they handle the stress of moving ok?

Since its just across the street, Just put your fish in a 5gal bucket or two full of tank water, then dump the rest of the tank water into a 55gal garbage can [ ensure that the thing is free of oily residues and what not ].

That whay you can put all your gravel and decorations in it, move the tank, put your water back in and not have to worry about any param issues.

If it is right across the street and you can get a couple of overlap days with access to both spaces, it will be cake. Especially if that fresh new garbage can has wheels.

I agree with Enki:
Especially if that fresh new garbage can has wheels.
My fiancé and I moved from Idaho to Calgary, AB with all of our fish in coolers with air stones. (Along with our three cats [one Siamese :taped:] and two cockatiels.) The move took two days in the worst weather of the season-- a foot of snow on the ground when we left, -34C at our stop over destination and subfreezing temps in Calgary. Thankfully, with a little aspirin, we all made it. :BIG:
Good luck with your move!

Just keep in mind that a 55 gal tank with say, 40 gal of water to be safe from splashing around is gonna weigh in at a light weight 340 pounds. Hope you have a ramp or something, and a pump to get the water from can to tank

Back
Top Bottom