Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

So many choices can't make up mind!!

I have been posting and changeing my mind for a month around here about stocking this 75 gallon tank.... well I still can't decide

My problem is I can't seem to find a decent size fish with personality that will go with some of the smaller fish(around 2-3") I would like to have and won't tear up a planted aquarium. Well besides angels. So I come here looking for suggestions for a large9i'd like 6-8") top mid level fish that gets along pretty well with smaller tank mates and won't destroy my plants.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Skyrmir Send a message via AIM to Skyrmir
I think Gourami's and Angels are the biggets choices in that area. The other option might be Discus, but they're picky about water quality. Most other good sized freshwater fish are going to look at tank mates as food.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Hrafnkel Send a message via MSN to Hrafnkel Send a message via Yahoo to Hrafnkel
I"d say blood parrots but they might tear up your plants... So I dunno. Brown knife fish have a lot of personality, I've found. So do various types of spiny eels.
29gal: 1 Green Severum, 1 Convict, 3 Bronze Cories
55gal: 5 Bloodfin Tetras, 6 Black Skirt Tetras, 1 Blood Parrot, 1 African Brown Knife, 1 Striped Raphael, 1 Ropefish, 2 Clown Loaches, 1 Yoyo Loach, 1 Angelfish
Hrafnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey Shady,

Take a look at the Denisoni Barbs. I kept one for a while when I still dind't know what I was doing. The poor thing eventually died, after surviving a lot of the mistakes I made as a new aquarist! They are very beautiful fish, full of personality, they don't bother the smaller tank mates and they swim all over the tank. They grow quite fast and to a nice size for a 75 g. They are not cheap, but IMO they are worth it!

I got my tank today and I cannot wait till it's cycled to buy 3 DBs.

Good luck!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com