So my neighbor just told me a horrible story.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
We got to talking about aquariums and he mentioned he had a few. Then, he got into detail about them. He told me never to clean a tank when I drunk. He had a 55g with bala sharks, for some reason he a freon and had it in a bottle the once contained PH down. Well he put the freon in the tank thinking it was PH down. He said the bala was bouncing off the glass and he couldnt figure out why. THEN, yes there is more, he was feeding a puffer in another tank and the puffer bit his finger, it startled him and he whiped his hand back and the puffer, who was still attached went flying across the room hitting the wall. The fish lived he said, but for how long I do not know.

This is a prime example for someone who should not keep fish, or be responsible for any living creature. Thabkfuly, he no longer keeps fish.

Freon won't stay liquid if it's not pressurized. I don't know what he dumped in the tank, but that's terrible.

I can see the puffer incident happen to anyone hand feeding. If the fish was ok, I think it'd be pretty funny.

My guppies latch onto my finger hairs when feeding them by hand, I can totally understand the reaction he gave when a puffer chomped down.

I know quite a few true drunks who have immaculate aquariums. Its more so that stupid people shouldnt breed.

My guppies latch onto my finger hairs when feeding them by hand, I can totally understand the reaction he gave when a puffer chomped down.

I know quite a few true drunks who have immaculate aquariums. Its more so that stupid people shouldnt breed.

HAHAHAHA OMG that's hilarious!! I have done quite a few stupid things while kickin back a few but never do I deal with anything regarding my tanks. I usually cut the lights off when I have people over too just to cut down on their stress.

I dont drink, havnt in almost 10 years, quite before I was 21 lol, oops.

My fish could care less who is in the room, all they do is fight and mate.

I was just in fixing some plants my loaches and cories tore up and my big male angel decided my arm was loaded with blackworms. yeah I got a few bald spots but didnt pull out(kinda cant if I go wild the hood and lights come with my arm)

I got a neighbor who is a reef head and he vodka doses his tanks. Ive heard it done by old schoolers but never seen it.

I think its for corals and stuff, Im not real sure, the old guy seemed to have a ketel one IV into his arm all the time.

Nice sig, reminds me of my wife, cept she is the one who finds the tanks, buys then and brings them home THEN yells at me for it. Its a CAtch-22 for me, either way I still got my tanks in the living room and set up two in the bedroom, She is my own top off reminder. especially at 2am LOL I love being married!!!!

I think its for corals and stuff, Im not real sure, the old guy seemed to have a ketel one IV into his arm all the time.

Nice sig, reminds me of my wife, cept she is the one who finds the tanks, buys then and brings them home THEN yells at me for it. Its a CAtch-22 for me, either way I still got my tanks in the living room and set up two in the bedroom, She is my own top off reminder. especially at 2am LOL I love being married!!!!

Haha hey its better than her hating that you have them. My wife just always wants more fish. I'm like not yet, wait till the next tank...wink wink. Haha

you sure he wasnt drunk when he told you that story? Im with bigjim, I dont really think there is a way for somebody to put freon, or 134a in a ph down bottle... I do hope you educated him on the use of ph down, whether its actually whats in the bottle or not

You cant put freon into any bottles, the pressure is too high to sustain the integrity of the container, its gotta be steel I believe. Similar to Gas CO2.

I have heard horrible stories from people not only about fish keeping but with other animals that makes me wonder how they even tie their shoes . People who put small fish in with their Oscars and can't figure out why the small fish keep disappearing . My neighbor just the other day said all his Neons kept dying and couldn't figure out what was wrong and asked me to look at his tank . The "tank" was a small fish bowl with nothing but gravel in it . So I had to tell him what was wrong with everything he was doing .

With other animals . My wife's friend called me and told me that all her kittens were dead or dying . I asked her if there was anything that happened to them or if they had gotten into something . She told me they started dying after she flea dipped them , so I asked her if she used the proper flea dip to water ratio , she was quiet for a minute then asked me " was I supposed to mix the flea dip with water first ?" Just blew me away that she put them in pure flea dip . I could go on but some are really disturbing .

if it was liquid and exposed to atmosphere, it'd 'boil off' and freeze whatever it came into contact with. it has to stay in a compressed state, within the confines of something very strong, steel, copper etc. he's full of s#$% so to say. ;)

Our pleco Gonzo likes to attach himself to my fiance's arm when he's working in our 120. (my arms aren't long enough) And our bigger dragon goby Ryuu likes to nibble me when I'm cleaning the 80. Let me tell you, that DOES hurt. They have some sharp teeth. The crayfish like to grab my fingers with their pinchers when I hand feed them, they lead my hand towards their mouths, which are on their chests.

Back
Top Bottom