So one of my angels chased my blue gourami right out of the tank last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredmertz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I came home from three days away last night just in time for the 8pm automatic feeding.

My biggest angel was being frisky and chasing the other fish away from the food (not standard behavior).

I turned my back, heard some splashing and saw my blue gourami on the floor of my living room.

Scooped him up, put him back in and he seems none the worse for the wear this morning.

I know the easy answer is to close the lid on my cover, but then I won't be able to use the auto feeders.

Anything I can do/should I be concerned? So lucky I happened to be standing there.

Thanks!

I would have thought the gourami would be chasing the angels. You sir, have a sissy gourami. My advice would be, don't use the autofeeders, or a DYI screen to fit around the feeders. I wouldn't really be concerned about continuous bullying from the angels.

Use styrofoam and make cut openings for any equipment around the perimeter. Put small openings throughout the lid for air flow.

Back
Top Bottom