So Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

875mill

Aquarium Advice Activist
We'll I finally took my red tail shark back to my LFS. I always enjoyed watching him as he is a very active fish, but lately he's become such a monster I really didnt think I would miss him. After they put him In a little 10 gallon tank by himself I swear he gave me a look that said What did I do? lol Guess I can take a lil comfort knowing I did whats best for the rest of my fish. But I still find my self wondering what will happen to him. Guess I'm alot softer that what I thought lol.

I had to do the same thing for a 9 inch common pleco I had- I loved him, but he was just getting to big for my tank. But, giving up fish is sometimes in their best interest, despite the short term sadness...

875mill said:
but lately he's become such a monster I really didnt think I would miss him.

LOL. I had a "monster" red tail shark. It would chase my 9 Tiger Barbs around, all day long! I kept thinking they would all gang up on it. I was always worried about my other fish and I didn't think I would miss it much.

But, of course, I do. It was a beautiful fish. My wife misses it too, she wants to get another one! I'm not ready to go that far. :wink:

Often the right thing is the hard thing.

I applaud you.

Sorry to hear you had to give him up, but as people said: definitely the right thing to do. It will also save *you* the stress in the long term too, as well as the fish he was with!

Back
Top Bottom