So what's your feeding "rotation"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NODAK1979

Aquarium Advice Activist
Feeding is my favorite time of the day. The ordinary movements of the fish becomes frantic...even the discus move around a lot, and it's great to just watch.

I make decisions on what to feed on a day by day, seat of my pants basis.

My "rotation" is:

Freeze dried bloodworms
Frozen bloodworms
Frozen brine shrimp
Flakes

The more I have my fish, the less I like flakes. I feel like I'm giving them generic McDonald's type fish food when I do that. But, I feel that my cory cats are more likely to get a meal when I feed flake than when I feed something that doesn't sink as readily (freeze dried bloodworms) or gets almost entirely consumed on the way to the bottom (frozen brine shrimp). So, I suppose they have their place.

Frozen bloodworms, while the fish LOVE 'em, are a problem because they sink so fast that fish that aren't too privy to eating off the bottom may miss out on a meal.

Brine shrimp, I've heard, are pretty lacking in nutritional value so I find myself not feeding that as much anymore.

Freeze dried bloodworms are great too, but they don't sink. Which makes bottomfeeders perhaps missing a meal.

So I've blabbed enough. What is your rotation??

I feed flakes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Pellets Thursday and Friday, along with a pea or two. I feed frozen brine shrimp on Saturday and skip Sunday.

Africans- NLS Cichlid Formula every third day. This is the only food they get.

Angels, tetras, corys- Twice a day they get NLS Thera-A Flakes with garlic.... They also get frozen bloodworms every other day replacing the second feeding of flakes.

Back
Top Bottom