Soapy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, i have been setting up my first tank, and am doing a fishless cycle. It has been 4 days and my ammonia is at 4.0 ppm approx due to me putting raw shrimp in for the first 2 days. Just recently since i purchased an air pump, soapy foam has appeared at the surface of the tank my guess is due to aggetation. My question is should i do a complete rinse and if so will my bacteria be effected? Also i want to house discus in my tank so water quality must be perfect. Thanks

Thanks for the response ive just cleaned the whole tank and will rinse soak everything over night, back to square one for me i guess

The foam is likely a result of the tiny bubbles forming from there being a protien layer on the surface or can be from using many conditioning products. This isn't that uncommon and really WC's will be sufficient. Most likely if you turn off the pump the foam will stop. I've seen this many times over the years.

Back
Top Bottom