Some more 10 gallon questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some more questions I think some Cory's and a betta would be to much bioload.

Would a stock of
1- betta
5- harlequin rasboras be fine?

I have some more questions I think some Cory's and a betta would be to much bioload.

Would a stock of
1- betta
5- harlequin rasboras be fine?

Bettas are hit or miss with fish likw that. Pygmy cories would be fine.

Ok sounds like a plan this is for my little brothers Christmas gift anyway if it doesn't work out I will just remove the harlequins or neons depending on what i get. Also as a bottom feeder, the tank will be planted with hiding spots could I get 12 ghost shrimp? I know they might get eaten but could I have them anyway?

it really depends on the betta. i had a betta that got along perfectly with everything, and then another one that gobbled up ghost shrimp. personally i think it should work, just dont get attached to the shrimp.
its too bad youre not near me, im trying to get rid of my 10g before i move.

Ok sounds like a plan this is for my little brothers Christmas gift anyway if it doesn't work out I will just remove the harlequins or neons depending on what i get. Also as a bottom feeder, the tank will be planted with hiding spots could I get 12 ghost shrimp? I know they might get eaten but could I have them anyway?

you could always try buying a few and see if your betta goes after them. some will some won't. ghost shrimp are one the least likely of shrimp to get eaten because they don't have bright colors like everyones favorite selective bred shrimp. i would say give it a shot!!! one of my bettas tore apart some red cherries i bought but completely ignored the ghost shrimp that were already in the tank.

Exactly that's what I was thinking that transparent look has to help them out with surviving.

Back
Top Bottom