Some new additions I'd like opinions on please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erik7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been browsing LiveAquaria for quite some time and am seeing some very cool things I might want to order. But of course, I have questions. :)

A reminder of my tank... 29 gallon, 1 flame dwarf gourami, 1 bristlenose pleco, 1 black mystery snail with 2 babies, 6 zebra danios.

Now some of these I know might not be compatible. Im just looking for some help distinguishing if they'd be okay with what I have.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1641
Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster

They say he wont bother fish that are faster than him, but im worried about my snail or possibly my pleco. Anyone have some experience?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1842
Singapore Flower Shrimp

With this guy, worried about him becoming a meal.

I'd stay away from the blue lobster. You don't want one of those in a community tank. I'd give the flower shrimp a try though.

I agree to avoid the blue lobster, unless you get it its own tank!

Yeah definetly avoid the blue lobster or any crayfish of the sort in a community, they should only be in a species only tank cuz they will hunt and kill fish and will most likely tear up your plants! dont want that do ya? lol. good luck in finding some new aminals for your tank! :D

I tried to give my lobster snail friends, but that did not work out for the snailsFish get slow at night and tend to go to the bottom. This guy would surely take advantage of that.
img_512082_0_f8ba688344c734316f76c8edd6f7ac5f.jpg

I bought one of these to try in my comunity tank. I keep Ghost and Amano shrimp in there so I thought one of these guys would be a nice addition.
I slowly acclimated him and all that good stuff. When I put him in.... :(
All my Bloodfin Tetras formed up into a school. They circled above the Shrimp. Then ::BAM:: two dove in and bit each of his eyes off at the same time. He fell over dead, I scooped him out. Total time in tank less than 5 minutes. I will say I was impressed at how the Bloodfins worked together. Being as they are African (edit: I did a little research and found conflicting information on thier origin - they may be South American), they may hunt Shrimp in the wild, or this is how they defend versus predatory shrimp/lobsters. Not sure, but I am sure that no more Wood (Singapore, Bamboo)Shrimp go into my tank.

Ok. No to the lobster! Thanks :) And good point Menagerie

Very interesting Zezmo... I think I'll defentally try one and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom