Some New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeminolesFSU

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We recently went through the hurricane in Florida and knocked all my electricity out in my house for days. Unfortunately I had a bunch of casualties and am looking to restock ?. I currently have a 6 cherry barbs, 2 X Ray tetras. I know X Rays typically need to be in schools of at least 5 so I'll get 3 more of those. I have a 40 gal tank and was just wondering what other fish people could recommend that get along with mine.

Your options are pretty extensive. You could certainly up your x ray tetra school to like 10 and then look into a few friendly bottom feeders and a centerpiece fish or 2. The most common community friendly bottom feeders are cories. Personally, I am more into small loach species like the yoyo or zebra, but cories are usually easier to come by. For centeriece options, you could get an angel or a gourami. Some popular gouamis include the 3 spot (gold, blue, opaline), the pearl gourami, the dwarf gourami, or the paradise fish. All are pretty and stay near the top of the tank and generally do well in communities without other territorial fish.
If there is a different direction you would like to go, hit that is fine too. Seriously, so many choices out there.

Since you are in a high risk area invest a few dollars in a battery operated air pump. I got a couple at Walmart. $5-25. Good luck setting up your tank again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom