some snails= nuissance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now I know why! I put some stuff from my snail tank in the 30 to cycle it and there are baby snails EVERYWHERE. They are those pond snails. I picked 12 of them out of there yesterday and I am about to go get 24 more out now. How in the world can there be sooooo many.

Yes that is what I got them for originally, and I don't mind that there are a billion of them in their own tank . I don't want them in the big tank though.
o_O

I'm not sure, but I think MTS breed faster than assassin snails can eat them, but I don't have any personal experience.

Assassins will keep the MTS population in check. THe best way to get rid of the pond snails are by manual removal. I lucked out and my keyholes take care of them for me.

Ooooh maybe if I get a keyhole it will do the same :D. I have been manually picking them out, they are so tiny though I just squish some of them. Sounds mean but I have gotten 24 snails out in the last two days and I just counted 10 more. So the assassins won't kill off the MTS then? I hope not

The assassins will kill some MTS but being livebearers they will reproduce fasted than the assassins will be able to keep up with so thee assassins will just keep the MTS population in check. There are a few members here that keep assassins with MTS, not sure who though...

Back
Top Bottom