Someone make a decision for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's great to have a good relationship with the owner of your lfs! I walk in and say in looking for a piece of driftwood. He says he just got a piece in that I would like. It hadn't even made it to a display tank before I bought this piece of mopani that already had tons of windelov java fern attached to it. Here's a pic:

image-1647637786.jpg

I also took a few chain swords from my 20 gallon.

He's closed tomorrow. His plant tank was pretty sparse but he is getting a shipment on Thursday so I will check in then. I will probably have to buy some plants online. I will also probably get the chili rasboras when I get out of class Tuesday.

It's great to have a good relationship with the owner of your lfs! I walk in and say in looking for a piece of driftwood. He says he just got a piece in that I would like. It hadn't even made it to a display tank before I bought this piece of mopani that already had tons of windelov java fern attached to it. Here's a pic:

I also took a few chain swords from my 20 gallon.

He's closed tomorrow. His plant tank was pretty sparse but he is getting a shipment on Thursday so I will check in then. I will probably have to buy some plants online. I will also probably get the chili rasboras when I get out of class Tuesday.

Looks great! Are you gonna seed from your 20?

I probably will seed it Monday morning. When I add all the plants I want to, it will be a jungle lol. I was just doing some maintenance on my other tanks and figured I would do a little but on this one. I'm way too impatient. Haha.

Just got back from my lfs with two crypts I am not sure what lkind they are; they were labeled as assorted crypts. Got them planted, here's a pic: image-3385610875.jpg He didn't have any downoi or hardly any plant small enough for a nano. So I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that. I am going to hold off until I get it completely planted to get the badis. And the chili rasboras will probably be in there by the end of the week. And the black beard algae is dying off on the java fern.

The nearest Petsmart is in Chattanooga, 30 minutes away. Next time I go into chatt I will check.

Well, two updates.

First, my crypts are melting. No big deal. They had been in his plant tank for a LONG time, so I expected it.

Second,

image-3275562194.jpg

The male

image-2518393233.jpg

The female

As luck would have it, he ran a special on the badis so I went ahead and got them instead of the rasboras. They are still pretty pale, and haven't eaten, albeit I haven't attempted to feed them since I got them last night. He said they were eating hikari micro pellets, which I have. So here's hoping they still do lol

Idk if you are or can put anything else in there but emerald dwarf rasboras are really cool little nano fish!! They're hard to find! But if you search online you can find a website that sells them! Check EM out, you might like them!!!

Nano fish usually don't do well with non-nano fish. They are very small, need very small food, and can easily be outcompeted for food by larger fish. I keep 55g and 24g nano fish tanks and they only contain nano species.

What about spotted blue eyes? Does anyone have any knowledge of them?

I assume you mean Pseudomugil gertrudae or maybe signifer? Both species are small, but IMO not small enough for a 5.5 gallon tank. I'd stick to Boraras or other nano species.

Yeah, that's it. I read somewhere where you could keep them in a 5 gallon tank. But, other information was scarce. I still probably will go with the rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom