someone please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmwryan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a community tank.been running for about a year.5guppies 2german blue rams 6neons 3corys 1gouramis.water parameters were spot on all running well.sand substrate with plants.recently i bought 3 runny nose tetras.once home i realised they had white spot.then the guppies got a white film on end of tails and were gasping.i binned them as i didnt want to infect rest of fish. i raised the temp from 26 to 28,removed the carbon out of filter and treated with interpet anti white spot.after 2days the white spot had gone off the runny nose tetras but now the neons had caught it.i water changed and treated again and after aweek its now better but still the odd spot on 2tetras.but the water now looks proper cloudy and i cant seem to clear it no matter how often i water change.i feed once a day a small amount.i had white spot before and water didnt go this cloudy.iv since put the carbon back in and water changed and added abit more anti white spot as its nearly gone but i just cant stop the water being cloudy and it was crystal clear before all this.any ideas please would be gratefull

Just sounds like bacterial bloom. The medication destroyed BB in filter and it is regrowing. Adding BB to tank will help recycle

Is this normal.im just hoping the last of white spot goes.are my fish safe with this bloom and do i have to water change more often

BB will go away. They need to grow. It does not bother fish - I would add a bottle of Stability as directed or Colony to the filter - I do it with all WC

Back
Top Bottom