Something cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xIHaKIx

Aquarium Advice Activist
When ever I buy my guppies the first thing that catches my eye is the colors of the males, then the colors of the females. Third I check out the health, look if there is any dead fish in the tank...any white spots, anything that should be there if not I buy the best looking one. Well I had this male for about 2 months now and when I first got him he just had an all yellowish tail. So the other day I noticed red coming into the tail. I got a picture below, I dont know if its common for guppies to change their tail colors but my male is, just something cool I wanted to show you guys.

Not a great photo but it shows the red, before last week his whole tail just just yellowish with the dots on it.

s30100286dn.jpg

It is possible for their colors to enhance or change as they grow especially if your Guppy was young when you bought him. Ours (that we raise) to because fully colored for months - and yes their colors change and get brighter usually overtime as they mature. (at least that's my experience.

Back
Top Bottom