something does not seem right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why are all my fish starting on one side of the tank purposely away from my Cory s??

With some rainbows and one goldfish.3o gallon long

A single goldfish by itself needs 20 gallons to itself because of the large bioload it produces, they are also cold water fish (I don't remember the range but know its 10-20 degrees colder than what your tropical fish should be kept). The fish may be stressed or something else. Do a full water test and give specific information about your tank and it'll make it easier for people to offer advice. Give ammonia nitrite nitrate ph and current water temp and a full stock list including amount and that should be sufficient to figure out what's up

Ha ha i had the goldfish in a different tank with two others a feeders.the other two got eaten but for some reason this one lived and had just been growing.so i put him in with the less aggressive. Now i kinda enjoy him and he finally is not stressed at all. I know they Getty big and prefer cold water. But he's fine and i really don't have an extra tank fit him unless he starts getting allot bigger

before that he was living everyday with my cichlids and bichir. not really sure how he survive so I kept him

Btw. Everyone I'd getting along well now. Sorry for the concern.but Thanks for the help!

Glad everything is better. Try to stick to the low end of your tropicals temp range. It's not recommended to have them together and your Goldie may seem fine but it'll probably cut back on its lifespan. Really you can do anything you want with your tank, it's not like anyone can go into your house and separate them for you haha, just know you'll probably hear what I've said from other people when you tell them your stock list.

Haha yeah thank you:) and I'll probably get him outta there soon enough anyway put with sine guppies er something. Surprising how fast goldfish grow.

That's good and no kidding, goldfish can be little monsters when given the right space and their needs are met. You'll never see a healthy 14 year old Goldie in a bowl haha

Back
Top Bottom