something i want from sellers!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caj52

Aquarium Advice Activist
I wish they could throw in something free sometimes to sweeten the deal!!!! Who doesn't agree with me

That's awesome the only thing cool I got was when I bought my betta the lady I bought it from gave me some free indian almond leaves

I think it depends on how much you're spending...for how much we spent on those fish, I didn't try to refuse his generosity....but if we spent like 8 bucks on some tetras, I doubt I'd really expect anything free. :p

Yeah that's true im not saying you need to throw something expensive in but something that helps with what your buying like the indian almond leaves for my betta they're relatively cheap but it was considerate :)

I wish they could throw in something free sometimes to sweeten the deal!!!! Who doesn't agree with me

Depends on what you pay for. If we have an auction on Aquabid that sells for a high amount of money, we will throw in extras when we can. A few times, the buyer has won our stuff for just above cost, and after our free shipping, we barely break even or even lose money on that particular auction. In that case the buyer really can't expect any extras. Some days I pack and ship 10-12 boxes. Extras probably aren't going to happen on those days either.

Try to think of it from the seller's perspective. Would you include extras for a tiny sale or a super cheap auction? I'm not saying that it isn't great to get extras, but honestly, is it reasonable to expect something for free that you did not order or pay for?

Yeah I see what your saying its always different for consumer and seller I wasn't referring to anyone in particular nor you because you have way good prices!! but I love when I get those extras that are practical and cheap

Yeah I see what your saying its always different for consumer and seller I wasn't referring to anyone in particular nor you because you have way good prices!! but I love when I get those extras that are practical and cheap

Oh no, believe me, I was not offended in the least and I did not think you were talking about me. I just wanted to offer a little bit different perspective. :)

For me, one of the toughest parts of offering extras is knowing what will be well received. Without blowing any surprise factor, it's hard to send something that will be appreciated and appropriate for the buyer's setup(s). The last thing I want is to upset a buyer by sending something that wasn't asked for. We received a surprise of a dozen fancy goldies once. Cool, but not because they weren't planned on. Ya know?

Whenever I order flea control from Petmeds.com, they toss in a dog biscuit and some catnip. It's nice, especially the first time I ordered and it was a surprise. Today, I received an order from Ken's Fish and they included a generous sample of their Vitamin Flakes, which my fish thrashed around excited about it. These are nice, small gestures and I appreciate them.

Reactions: HN1
See little things like that make you want to be a continued customer putting things that would benefit the item you purchased

Back
Top Bottom