Something on the driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a fungus that grows on new DW ... Did you boil the DW first? usually boiling it keeps it from forming. It's harmless and will go away on it's own. Some fish ... like my RTS did .... have a field day eating it up!

jcolon said:
It's a fungus that grows on new DW ... Did you boil the DW first? usually boiling it keeps it from forming. It's harmless and will go away on it's own. Some fish ... like my RTS did .... have a field day eating it up!

You're shrimp? Lol I don't have any shrimps yet. My tank is cycling. Should I put some shrimp in there to get the fungus out?

IMO...I would take it out, scrub , then boil, boil, boil, boil.....I did this and never experienced any fungus on any of my DW....good luck

You're shrimp? Lol I don't have any shrimps yet. My tank is cycling. Should I put some shrimp in there to get the fungus out?

No need to ... just let it die off on its own ... shrimp don't do too well during the cycling process since they're so sensitive to Ammonia ect.

Back
Top Bottom