SOS help transporting!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justforaday

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok listen, i really need all the help i can get here... if u see this i need to get a crew of people w ideas.

i leave on the 14th of august, then over the course of 2 nights and 3 days, i will be driving my betta fish from California to Washington State. i’m going to college and i really wanna have him there w me. i have a thought plan...

so i was thinking of like getting a CLEaN yogurt container or something, and modifying it with those lids that u would get at a petco/petsmart from when u buy a betta in store, i’m not going through any cold cold areas. so while driving he’s in the cup-container, but when i’m sleeping at night, i‘ll get a small acrylic tank w a heater, then move him back into the yogurt container when we r back in the car. i’m also thinking of filling up like a 5 gallon thing of water with the water from his current tank, to give him clean and fresh water. repeating this until i get to college, 10 o clock on the 17th.

what are the thoughts on this??

They are literally the most travel friendly fish on the planet. They spend a week in those little cups in a crate on a ship. Just get a gallon of spring water and dump half into another container for a wc. Poke some air holes in it. For heat get a black mat or something and leave it in the sun for the day and put it under the bottle at night. Nothing to stress over

Bettas are pretty forgiving. The one thing I would try to stabilize as much as possible is the water temperature. Try not to have it fluctuate too much. I would not switch him from container to container- just use 1 container. Do a WC half way through.

Back
Top Bottom