SpaceFish's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my 20 gallon tank at the moment. I'm still not satisfied with it at all, so any suggestions for new plants, driftwood positioning, or something else that I haven't noticed yet would be very much appreciated.

Oops, it said that it couldn't upload the photo...

DOH! I wanted to see the pic. Did you reach your pic limit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes and a pm limit. I paid the $15 to have a membership and get more space.

I can't remember. There is a chart somewhere if you are not on the mobile site that tells you.

Well, it looks like the cichlid tank is not going to happen any time soon. Neither of my parents seem to understand why I can't just put cichlids in the 20 gallon with the nano fish.

Yeah I have that trouble with my mom and plecos. Sorry

Yeah I have that trouble with my mom and plecos. Sorry

Ive read that thread hehe.

And yeah, I'm lucky. Basically as long as i don't ask them to pay for stuff, and as long as the floor can hold the weight, I'm allowed to get what i want.

Excluding Piranhas. They didn't want me to get those...

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

YES!!! It works now! Here's my 20 gallon, which is just a big tangled mess of plants at the moment.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442366501.992407.jpg

Lol not bad! I like it! If you could fill in the back a bit more with maybe a sword or two it would really look nice! Love the driftwood! What is the stock for this tank? Also, a black background would really finish it off.

It's off to a great start. I'd add swords or lower growing crypts that get bushy
Forgot what variety- I have some even. Lol

Yes please share stock.

Thats really cool! Wish i could do plants like that! Nice tank!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

I'm going to stock this tank with otos, CPDs, Pseudomugil gertrudae, and peacock gudgeons. Thank you for the ideas; I'll definitely be getting more crypts (the ones I have now are tiny, so they don't show up in the picture) and maybe a few swords.

Peacocks and cpds were some of my favorite fish. I had to order both kinds from far away. My peacocks got a virus and I couldn't figure it out but then learned there were confirmed parasites in their frozen bloodworms. The ones I had didn't take flake only frozen or live food. The cpds arrive sick and dead or dying and I never tried again. I want to have both again sometime. I have heard there is a cpd breeder in my area. The peacocks I'd probably order again from the same guy in Delaware. He was very helpful to me and told me to call any time with questions etc. If you can't find a source pm me and I'll give you his email.

Crypt undulata

Very bushy thick plant and if good conditions gets even thicker. I have a few of them. Easy to please too, just a root tab and it's happy.

Caleb

Ah ok. I have a quite expensive "mother plant" that I should divide but haven't yet. I'm amazed at how nice crypts not from the tubes can get. The deeper colored ones with a burgundy touch are really nice.

Another depressing update... We were gone for the weekend and Pancake died. I don't know why.

That's the angel? Are any other fish sick? Did you test the water? Maybe someone over fed them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I didn't have anyone feed them while we were gone, all the other fish seem fine, and I haven't had time to test the water yet.

Back
Top Bottom