sparkling gourami + RCS = bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm not finding as many RCS in my tank as I once was. I suppose they could be burying themselves more into my java moss than before, or maybe they're scavenging a corpse I'm not aware of (I can't find a nerite snail and one of my narrow wedge harlequins).

I'm becoming suspicious of my sparkling gouramis in the RCS disappearance. The last batch of RCS that I added to my tank were a group of 12+, mostly newly hatched shrimp and only 4-5 adults. When I added them to the tank, the smallest would be chased a bit by the rasboras until they scurried to the java moss (which I aimed for after the first couple of them). My gourami, however, likes to hide in the java moss, and weaves through it constantly.

I recently added two more sparkling gouramis to my tank, and since then have noticed a surprisingly small number of visible RCS. I searched through the java moss today, and did notice one in there right away. That doesn't mean that there are the 16+ RCS that I thought I should have in the tank currently.

Does anyone know whether RCS and sparkling gouramis don't mix well?

I dont think that the gouramis would be eating them but i think they would be hiding more because the gouramis are kinda bigger than them. So keep looking for them. I tihnk they are just hiding

Back
Top Bottom