Spider webs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoK

Aquarium Advice Addict
I cleaned and filled the 55g today and noticed that it had some spider webs in it (was in the garage). I think there are still some pieces in there that I wasn't able to get out. Could the webs be harmful to fish if they eat small pieces of them? If so, what should I do to make sure they're all gone? :?

I would just net out what you can or use an algae brush to scrap off any that are stuck to the sides of the tank. Then I'd forget all about it. I doubt a bit of spider web would hurt a fish. Most likely any remaining web will be sucked up by the filter soon enough.

It actually looked kind of interesting when I was putting water in and the webs remained intact. Kind of like a haunted fish tank, could have probably put stuff in there and make it look all halloweeny. :lol: I wouldn't put any fish in with it though.

use hot water to clean the tank !!
that will kill any spider or disease the web may bring.

I can't see how spiderwebs can be harmfull since people are sticking silk plants into their tanks anyways, and spiderwebs are pretty much the same substance.

Back
Top Bottom