Spiny Eels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nomadofthehills.....

While I haven't kept a Peacock Eel for quite some time I still know a thing or two about them. Can you be a bit more specific about the kind of information you're looking for??

-Joe

One of ours constantly is burrowed in the sand. There is nothing threateneing in the tank that they are living in (African Cichlid Fry) so I don't know why he/she constantly burrows. But they have taken a liking to the taste of the fry. The other comes out every night and hangs out in the greenery. Make sure you have a hood on the tank that they can't get out of. They really aren't that fun to watch since they are burrowed when the lights are on. But at night they are pretty cool to watch swimming out and about in the tank. Maybe mine are just scardy cats and that's why they never come out.

Reason I asked is becuase I just picked one up for my 55g, to keep the sand stirred and free of toxic gas. I have noticed he is very smart, but a scardey cat when it comes to my male midas (hmm I wonder why lmao...)

Hes cool. He is smart enough to get away unscathed. Unlike my GT baby, who will swim in circles until my midas gets tired, or swim through plants and the midas looses him, the eel (I know they arnt eels) will turn around and swim UNDER the midas :)

Back
Top Bottom