Spirulina for fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
Guys I need to know the importance of Spirulina to fish. I don't have cichlids but I give my omnivorous fish hikari cichlid staple and Cichlid excel and blood worms and krill. I give them cichlid food because its staple and nutritious.

Shall I give them Spirulina too? Its expensive as compared to other foods. If I need to give them then how often and what quantity. Thanks

So it means nobody here feed there fish spirulina ever I guess.

I have fed it mixed into other foods. Many of the algae pellet/wafers have it inside as well.

I have fed it mixed into other foods. Many of the algae pellet/wafers have it inside as well.
Thanks for the reply. Want to know about its significance from someone who use it like u. Is it just for high protein or does it havr other things too? I mean I feed my fish krill and bloodworms for protein and staple diet as a whole. Is it a good idea to include spirulina into there diet as well?

I feed frozen Spirulina Brine shrimp 2-3x/week. Seems to be working well. Look at this beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1488554806275.jpg
    1488554806275.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 59
I have read the spirulina is an amazing super food and the colors of livestock and health make it worth the added $$. See this...IMG_7697.jpg
My hubbie grows it for all of us to supplement our diets and health.

I have read the spirulina is an amazing super food and the colors of livestock and health make it worth the added $$. See this...View attachment 295798
My hubbie grows it for all of us to supplement our diets and health.
This looks like a laboratory. Didn't know it can be produced at home.

Yep. That light is crazy bright and on a special timer. It looks like green mud when we harvest. Then we dry it out and grind it into powder.

Back
Top Bottom