Sponge filter not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I’ve had my sponge filter for 2 years and I had it hooked up to an airline, but my air pump started getting noisy so I got rid of it and switched to a powerhead instead. I haven’t rinsed the filter in a year and it still looks like new and I just rinsed it today and the water looked clean. Is the sponge filter not doing anything? Am I doing something wrong?

Hmmm, if you saw air bubbles coming out of the top of the sponge, it would mean that the air was pulling through the sponge.

What kind of power filter is it?

Hmmm, if you saw air bubbles coming out of the top of the sponge, it would mean that the air was pulling through the sponge.

What kind of power filter is it?

I meant I saw air bubbles when I had it hooked up to an airline. I just decided to remove the powerhead and use an airline and air pump again.

I'd run the HOB and the sponge filters until the sponge filters are colonized with beneficial bacteria by the HOB. It'll take away the chance of your tank going into a mini cycle.

Back
Top Bottom