Spying on your pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cornflakes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set up a home for my 3 red clawed crabs in a 70L size aquarium. I made some heavy dense areas where they like to hide, a tunnel and an underwater area too. I have set up one webcam to always watch them from above while I am at my computer desk working or playing. This way I can always glance at that them without having to always get up out of my seat and walk over.

The thing I want to try is to be able to set up a couple more cams at different angles so that I can see where they are and what they are doing without bothering them. Has anyone ever tried this setup? I can't afford fiber optic cameras but I'm thinking a couple of basic webcams all hooked up to my computer and using some software program that allows me to see 2 or 3 windows of live cam action would be great.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I'm currently only using one cam right now to watch them but it's just an overhead shot.

Watch them when you get back from work, that's what I'm doing, aquarium equipement itself is already expensive...

Its a cool idea but i also agree that it will be expensive as you would have to spend a fair amount on the cameras themselves as reasonably priced webcams wont give the resolution and detail you would ideally want.

Back
Top Bottom