Starting a 30 gallon long freshwater aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobo2020

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I'm trying to start a 30-gallon long aquarium. These are the fish that I want to put in:
1 female and 1 male dwarf gourami
Some neon tetras
Some cherry barbs
Some harlequin rasboras
Some zebra danios
3-6 corydoras
3 algae eaters

Is this too many species for a 30 gallon? If so, what should I get rid of? Do all these fish get along together? How many of these schooling fish should I get? I could really use some help. Thanks.

It's to many. In a tank that size.. a gourami will be cool, you'll get one Male. Zebra danios are non stop. 10 cherry barbs and 10 cardinal tetra would be nice. You could throw in 7 cory cats to keep the bottom moving. I would start with cherry barbs and cory cats.

It's to many. In a tank that size.. a gourami will be cool, you'll get one Male. Zebra danios are non stop. 10 cherry barbs and 10 cardinal tetra would be nice. You could throw in 7 cory cats to keep the bottom moving. I would start with cherry barbs and cory cats.
Ok sounds good. Could I swap out the cherry barbs for harlequin rasboras?

ok. How about a pair of dwarf gouramis, cherry barbs, harlequin rasboras, neon tetras, and cory cats? How much of each or should I get rid of one type of fish?

Pair of d.g... do you have a verified pair in mind? Been a while since I researched but females seem to be non existent in retail sector.

Back
Top Bottom