Starting an aquarium maintenance business?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
breed convict cichlid and discus, discus go for a lot of money and convicts breed easy, but you have to get licenses if you are okay with that, fish have a lot of behind the scenes

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

breed convict cichlid and discus, discus go for a lot of money and convicts breed easy, but you have to get licenses if you are okay with that, fish have a lot of behind the scenes

Wait you need a license to breed them? Huh didn't know that. I think that i am going to continue raising my guppies for a bit maybe get 5 more females and just load up on fry then sell the fish to pet shops. My pet shop offers in store credit but my idea is that over time if i keep suppling them with quality stock they might give me cash or raise the credit i get

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think you need a license to breed in the US, I wouldn't bother with convicts either, they breed like rabbits but good luck turning a profit on the spawn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think you need a license to breed in the US, I wouldn't bother with convicts either, they breed like rabbits but good luck turning a profit on the spawn.

Maybe breed convicts with discus, so you get hybrids that look like discus but breed like convicts....

Maybe breed convicts with discus, so you get hybrids that look like discus but breed like convicts....

I thought hybrids were looked down upon. Would anyone even buy them

I was kidding :lol: I hate hybrids, but just imagine if someone could produce discus like convict cichlids. That person would be RICH.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unless it was actually making a suitable income I don't see a license necessary. Government wants to know about those nice undocumented wages lol.

Caleb

you dont need a license to breed but you need i license for people to come into your home and look at fish and then buy them

I was kidding :lol: I hate hybrids, but just imagine if someone could produce discus like convict cichlids. That person would be RICH.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah they would be making some serious bank

Back
Top Bottom