Starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beagle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, I have a 40 gallon long tank that I have to admit I was neglecting. It was in the basement rec room that is rarely used, out of site out of mind I guess.:oops: Anyway I decided to move it upstairs where it will be enjoyed. In the process of moving my tank it seems I have started a cycle. Stirred up way to much junk in the gravel I guess and discovered a dead fish in my 1 plant. Right now I have 2 neons, 1 swordtail and 1 julii cory. When the cycle is over I plan to add a school of about 10-12 neons, 10-12 black neons and 6 corys. My tap water is soft with a PH of 6.4 so that should keep things simple. Oh and I have a canister filter and a HOB. Any advice on how to manage this cycle?

Thanks, I have been doing water changes every 2-3 days and vaccuming the gravel at the same time. I will take a water sample out to my lfs and have it tested again. I really want to start adding fish but I know I have to wait.

beagle said:
Thanks, I have been doing water changes every 2-3 days and vaccuming the gravel at the same time. I will take a water sample out to my lfs and have it tested again. I really want to start adding fish but I know I have to wait.

Very good plan of attack +1

Back
Top Bottom