Stealthy Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a few new fish today at the store since my zebras had been doing so good .... and one of them was a clown pleco .... i really like him and the way he looked and he really got a lot more color to him once i put him in my tank ... but he likes to stay in this cave i have and wont really come out much but for like 2 times .... is this what i can exspect from him?
TIA

Ray

I had a clown pleco awhile ago, and he always hid in the back of my tank - I hardly ever saw him. I've heard that they're pretty shy.

Got driftwood? From what I know, it's essential to their diet.

Samething here, I throw a party everytime I see him.
Always hides in dark places.
He seems to be active at night time though.

Plecos are nocturnal and usually only come out at night. Try using a moonlight in the tank and trying to catch a glimpse of him in the dark.

Yea i have a pretty good size of driftwood in my tank but i dont think he has ventured over to it yet since he likes his cave so much .... i did turn off the light last night and stay around for a bit and sure enough he started to slowing come out and explore around .... so ill be looking for to my new Current light fixture ill get in next week for my plants that i also decided to get one with the lunar light on it :)

Ray

Yeap, my clown is pretty stealthy as well.

I can usually coax him out with an algae tab though.

Also just wonderin', what type of driftwood do you have in the tank? I noticed when I had a no-name piece of driftwood, he wouldn't go near it. Now I took that out and added a piece of Malaysian driftwood to the tank and I can't get him off of it =p

Yea i have a piece of malaysian driftwood in there that i got at the store :) .... so im hoping sometime he'll hop on it and go to town

Ray

Back
Top Bottom