Sterilite Quarantine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a 30 gallon sterilite bin to use as a quarantine tank for new fish that will be arriving soon. It seems like a lot of people mention that the sides can billow out quite a bit when filled with water. Some have offered solutions such as building a wood frame around it, not filling it up all the way, etc. Do you think I would be able to get away with just sticking it inside of another sterilite container as a form of support? If not I'll use a wood clamp on it but I have a tendency to run my shins into things and would prefer just sticking it into another container if possible. Obviously it won't be filled all the way to the top with water but it will be more than halfway.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Without some kind of a supportive structure around it, it's still going to bow outward. Even if it's in another container, plastic doesn't add rigidity.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Better yet I don't know what area you reside in but I do know Petco is doing the $1 per gallon sale again.

Might be better off picking up a 10 for a QT. I use a 5 gal for my QT.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Better yet I don't know what area you reside in but I do know Petco is doing the $1 per gallon sale again.

Might be better off picking up a 10 for a QT. I use a 5 gal for my QT.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unfortunately the nearest PetCo is more than an hour away. I ended up going to PetSmart today and buying a 45 gallon tank figuring that once I'm done quarantining the new ones I can turn it into some form of community tank. I have a spare ten gallon I was using but with 18 fish coming I didn't want it to be too crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom