Sticking My Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Priest

Aquarium Advice Regular
After looking at the rapid growth of cichlids, I am thinking that it is finally time to expand the entrances of my slate rocks. My plan is to get two Texas holy rocks to put on each side of the tank and keep the slates in the middle. I have been looking at two glue that say they are great for gluing rocks together (Aquastik Epoxy Putty and Hold Fast Epoxy). I would like to know if anyone has tried any of these two to stick slate rocks together and if not then can you suggest to me a brand of glue you used to stick your rocks together. Thank you.

EDIT: I was going to ask this question in a new thread but I might as well ask it here. My goldfish have been constantly uprooting the plants of my other tank, to the point that I have to bury them in the gravel every other day. Is there a way that I can keep the plants held down because right now burying them is not working, especially since I bury them very deep.

Use GE Silicone 1 Window and Door. i used it to seal a fishtank with a slate bottom and it worked great.

For the plants, i really dont know. I face a similar problem because my polka dot loavhes always uproot everything. I just wait till the end of the week to replant them.

I've used these as plant anchors in a big orando tank for a long time Professional Plant Anchors (on sale)(reg. $2.29)
They are the only thing I've found that work. I keep some types of plants in with them for grazing and these pretty much keep them down.

Oops forgot to mention that they are fake plants, will it work on fake plants. The fish only really uproot the plants when I feed them (They get exited), I guess the solution is to stop feeding them, lol.

Use GE Silicone 1 Window and Door. i used it to seal a fishtank with a slate bottom and it worked great.

I plan on taking out the slate as a whole whenever I need to clean the tank, don't know if this has the strength to hold together if I do that.

What i meant by slate bottom is that it actually has a slate bottom instead of glass.

It should work cause it is stronger than any fishtank glue or other glue type protduct for that matter, that i have used.

I dont think root taps would work for fake plants and even if they did, why would you spend 2.50 for a fake plant when the fake plant cost less than that? I could see if it was a real plant. You could just take the plants out.

Back
Top Bottom