Still milky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitey73

Aquarium Advice Regular
Three days an my water is still milky what's up with that?

Calypso77 said:
Milky or cloudy? Water can stay cloudy for a while.

Cloudy it's not as bad as it was did water change this morn getting better...

Calypso77 said:
Milky or cloudy? Water can stay cloudy for a while.

Cloudy a Lil better then yesterday just did a water change this morn...

Are you testing your tank water what is everything reading out at?

I would start testing it. What all have you done with it since you set it up and how long has it been set up for?

Calypso77 said:
I would start testing it. What all have you done with it since you set it up and how long has it been set up for?

Been set up for a week all I did was but in some stuff to get the chlorine out an do 10% water changes every two days

Milky cloudiness is a bacterial bloom which is actually a good sign as bacteria is trying to colonize your tank. This is normal and should go away on it's own as your tank stabilizes. I'd say step up the PWC's to 25%, it'll help it to subside ... but definitely get it tested for pH, Ammo, Nitrites, Nitrates (doubt theres any yet)and the water temp. You many need to go up to 50% PWC depending on your numbers.

I put a link in one of your other thread on what you need to be doing for a fishless cycle. You need to get ammonia in that tank it won't cycle with nothing in there.

Milky cloudiness is a bacterial bloom which is actually a good sign as bacteria is trying to colonize your tank. This is normal and should go away on it's own as your tank stabilizes. I'd say step up the PWC's to 25%, it'll help it to subside ... but definitely get it tested for pH, Ammo, Nitrites, Nitrates (doubt theres any yet)and the water temp. You many need to go up to 50% PWC depending on your numbers.

They have nothing in their tank to create ammonia.

They have nothing in their tank to create ammonia.

Yeah I just saw your previous post ... isn't the OP cycling with fish? He/She has to be ... or is dosing ammo somehow otherwise if it's just regular dechlorinated water there'd be reason for a milky white cloudiness.

In other threads they said they are doing fishless but they haven't added ammonia to their tank or anything yet beside what they said in previous post.

In other threads they said they are doing fishless but they haven't added ammonia to their tank or anything yet beside what they said in previous post.

I'll wait for confirmation from the OP ... but if this is the case then something's up with that tank. I've seen standing water in buckets and coolers stay clear for weeks on end. I'm wondering if the OP added fish food or frozen shrimp as an Ammo source and just didn't mention?

The only other thing that I can think of that causes a milky appearance are micro bubbles. Those however tend to dissipate and clear up within hours if not minutes.

Ya if you go to the op and check out their other thread you will be more aware of what they have done so far. They have a few threads going.

Yep I agree(y) ... I took a quick look at their other posts and decided I'm not going on a scavenger hunt for info. I am curious to see how this will turn out though.

Back
Top Bottom