stingray substitute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will a group of zig zag eels work? I want some eels that won't be too large but not so small that visitors need a magnifying glass to find them (not literally). Maybe a cichlid would be trained to eat from one's hand? The first fish that comes to mind is the aggressive species like oscars.

I used to have a Jack Dempsey that would let me pet him :D Oscars are also very tame once they get used to their owner!

vanimal said:
Ok how often did you have to buy a new container of worms?

went through maybe 2 containers a month, I think there were 20 crawlers to a container but in the beginning when he was still small I did use the smaller worms

Would I be able to hand feed kribs? I really want to hear if zig zag eels are an option! There is an LFS here that sells these eels for 6 dollars each.

Is the lesser spiny eel freshwater? It's come down to zig zag eel, some other small spiny eel, or a glass/zebra knife fish. What should I get.

Glass knife fishhttp://www.hippocampus-bildarchiv.com/images/FSWMY986_Eigenmannia_virescens.jpg

Would it be better to get 2 Peacock Eels or could they get aggressive towards each other??

Personally I think you should get what ever fish YOU want. I have had a peacock eel for about a month but I have only seen him once, but it is way cool when I do see him!

Yeah they burrow I guess. Ok thanks guys I think Ill just get 1! How big is yours and do they grow fast? What size tank does a tire track eel need?

I plan on getting the zebra or zig zag eel. The zebra is nice. They aren't common so I would need to get lucky. I read that they eat pellets and flakes. Score! My family isn't happy when I bring home frozen food. Zig zag eels are super cool and small.

Back
Top Bottom