Stingray Tank Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmidt1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
he guys im looking into making a very large aquarium in the future to get a freshwater sting to inhabit it im just not sure on the size I was wondering if 6*3*2
is big enough {270 gallon L*W*H in feet] this will be for a teacup stingray most likely or the one that's black with white spots sorry I don't know its name any advice is appreciated.

Think the foot print is paramount here. Something like 8×4×1.5 would be pretty ok I'd think. Not really in the know with rays though, just basing off what I've seen and read. The Boston aquarium ' s ray setup is only like a foot deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From memory I also had 8ft in mind but that was just from a few other threads some time ago. Could be out.

he guys im looking into making a very large aquarium in the future to get a freshwater sting to inhabit it im just not sure on the size I was wondering if 6*3*2
is big enough {270 gallon L*W*H in feet] this will be for a teacup stingray most likely or the one that's black with white spots sorry I don't know its name any advice is appreciated.

You will need a much wider tank for a leopoldi, they grow to a beastly size. A store near me has a breeding pair and the female has a more than 2' disc.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom