stock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordofworms

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so I have my 120 cycled and ready for fish but reading over anbd over I think I want to make this my Mbuna tank since I already recieved a cichlid on accident which I named pudgy.
anyways, I had mentioned I had a community of fish that I since moved to my newly purchased (80) gallon 48 long x 24 high. (this cycled much quicker due to having healthy media from my old tank that I broke down)
what i have now in there are
(1) Powder Blue Gourami
(1) Flame Gourami
(eight) neon tetras
(1) green glo-fish (i didnt buy him was agift..ugh)
(2) Bolivian Rams
(1) bristlenose Pleco
(1) Angel fish

am I fully stocked for my bioload? and if not could I possibly add another fish or two and if so, what would be some recommendations.

these fish have been in this 80 for a solid month now so adding another fish shouldnt be too shocking for the rest of them.

my concern is they all seem to get along, strangly my blue gourami and my angelfish are like companions always swimmin together, they even sleep together and if anyone else moves in there spot the angel fish chases em away..lol
the green glo-fish will be going to a friend of mine that already has (5) of them since i dont like it that much (he is all over the place and since he is alone is very nippy and just aggravates me and everyone else from time to time. I know they want to school but harrass my tetras to no end.
plus from what i have read, this (coloring) isnt natural...so i am kinda against it.

I really wanted to get another angelfish if i could. what do you all think. if I need to stay at my current bioload I will but ...well...it just seems empty my 80 gallon ...I will post pics tonight when I get home of my current setup.

ammonia: 0 / Nitites: 0 / Nitrates: 10
running (2) aquaclear 110 (originally 500) and (2) stealth (not pro) heaters running.
(2) bubblers
(2) anubias plants and (several) wisteria plants)

thanks for your time.

oh and for those that knew...my chichlid (pudgy) is now almost a full inch long and is currently housed in a rock/cave filled 20 gallon all to himself (to be moved to the 120 when he is bigger).

I'd rehome the neons before they become snacks.

I don't think you'd have any problems adding a few more angelfish. You have plenty of filtration and room in your tank.

The Glofish have a jellyfish gene inserted into their DNA. I believe they're patented, which is why they're so expensive.

you have plenty of room in the 80 gallon. the only thing with the angels i would make sure to get some the same size. its also smart to have a plan for them once they start pairing off and spawning.

its true the neons might become lunch for the angels though people do have luck keeping them together. people seem to have a better chance getting small angesl and the neons at the same time or the neons first. this way the neons become fully grown. if you keep the neons in there get some more for a larger school. i would also look for another schooling fish to go in there but thats just me.

yeah, I bought the angel and neons at the same time, my angel is still very small about the size of a 50cent piece (including fins)

as for other schooling fish? what would be a good companion(s) for my tank as is?

is it best to have only 2 male gouramis? I was thinking of getting maybe 1 to 2 more and was gonna search for females..but would that cause havoc with my males becoming extra aggressive or terratorial? or you think it would mellow them down some?
(as it is now they are very peaceful, the two charge at each other from time to time but nothing too serious)

I just really like my tank set-up now but as i mentioned before it seems like overkill to have such a large tank with such a small community of fishies.

Back
Top Bottom