Stock Check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a 13 gallon that'll hopefully be set up today, I'm using filter media from one of my existing tanks so I'll be able to put in some fish soon:). I already have 2 endlers in a tank that I want to no move over. I also want Mickey mouse platys but would the two get along? I would want like 1-3 more endlers as well. How many platys? I've heard that they need some of their own kind...

If they could also go in there: Pygmy cories. I'll make adjustments for them. All I need are some numbers and an ok!

Okay so this is what I've come up with, probably very off but you can help!

x5 endlers
x4 platys
x6 dwarf cories

Too stocked? I think it may be... Less endlers? Less Platys? No cories?

With the seeded media use prime just in case and make sure you moniter your levels ammonia nitrItre for the first couple weeks with only 1 or 2 fish eventually it`d be best to keep 1 male platty and two or three females
but definately dont add all those fish at once. And even though they are dwarf maybe just add 4 cories just because of tank floor size. Be aware about breeding with the endlers and plattys and if there are any aggression issues remove one or the other right away. But for now add 1 or 2 plattys wait a week or two moniter your levels then start adding more fish but slowly. Good luck,
Troy

I really don't want them breeding, so I was just thinking all male endlers, and either all male or all female platys. If they did breed by some chance I wouldn't help them... I'll look out for the aggression as well, thanks! I'll add in the endlers tonight, then wait and add in the platys later

Alright well if your thinking all one gender i would go with all female platties it just always goes better with females then males even though community can be aggresive best of Luck :D
Troy

Okay! Thanks! Setting everything up currently and just found out that I don't have enough gravel! Off to the store I go:)

I just checked the base of the tank, it's:
Length~20"
Width~10.5"

Is that a big enough space for the cories? If I took away one of the platies could I bring up the number of cories because I know they like to school:D

Thanks again!!
I think I'm going to do:
5-7 endlers
1 platy
6 dwarf cories

Sounds good to me:D
Here's a picture of my tank:

Attachments

• image-1888892676.jpg
    image-1888892676.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 57
Back