Stock for 90 Gal - Fish Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artie123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all - longtime "lurker" here that finally registered and was hoping for some advice on stocking.

90 gallon tank running a fluval FX5 Canister; heavily planted with some round rocks and driftwood.

Tank is new-ish (2 months) but fully cycled: 0 ammonia and Nitrite and 10ppm Nitrate
Temp is 78 F

This is the current stock:
1x German Blue Ram
1x Bolivian Ram
3x Oto Cat
2x Swordtail
5x Neon Tetra
2x Denison Barb (Roseline Shark)
8x Kuhli Loach

Going back to the LFS:
5x black skirt tetras (due to just being little $hits - they nip at just about everyone on occasion)
1x Platti (Due to the temp issue ?)

Interested in adding the following; but preference to the angel:

2 Angels (Very small from my lfs)
1 Red Blood Parrot ?

Anyone have any suggestions or issues with any of the above ? Any suggestions on a totally different route ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
R

IMO, wait until the tank is more mature before adding the otocinclus; they tend to do better if some algae is present to munch on. When you do add them, you'll need a larger group, 6-7 or so. They're schooling fish.
If you have your heart set on neons, I'd skip the angels; or vice-versa. When the angels mature, they may eat your neons.
Also, add at least 1 Denison's barb; they prefer groups of at least 3, and your tank should be large enough to support them.
I would also at least double the size of your neon group if you decide to keep them. A large school of neons looks incredible in a planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom