Stock Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a full tank. Angels need about 10 gals apiece. I'm sure they are small now, but give them room!

some cory cats (3-5) wouldn't take up much space, and they generally occupy the bottom of the tank more so they won't bother the angels. Why not also add to your tetras, they are schooling fish.

That's a full tank. Angels need about 10 gals apiece. I'm sure they are small now, but give them room!

I agree with Menagerie. I have 4 angels in a 55 gal tank and they take the whole tank up. With the rest you have in there now, I wouldn't get anymore fish, unless maybe 2-3 cory cats.

Have fun. :wink:

I'd wait and see how things shake out with the angels - most likely what is going to happen is there will be one pair, and they will drive the other two off, at which point the extras will most likely need to be removed. Once you have just an adult pair in there, I'd add to your school of tetras - they really do so much better in schools, maybe 2-3 more of each, plus some more oto cats, as suggested.

TankGirl said:
I'd wait and see how things shake out with the angels - most likely what is going to happen is there will be one pair, and they will drive the other two off, at which point the extras will most likely need to be removed.

No chance that all 4 are males huh?

Thanks for the help guys. I had realized bringing back the bala's might not be such a good idea (space allotments and such). Once again, asking advice here is the best thing going. I was about to "overstock" the tank because everyone at present is less than 1/1.5" and there seems to be so much room for more :wink:

I know what you mean about there being room that you want to fill - I started my 55gal with 4 baby angels, the size of a quarter, and they schooled together and it was the cutest thing, and the tank seemed empty, even with some schooling tetras and cory cats and whatnot. I wound up with 2 pairs, lucky me! They chose opposite ends of the tank to spawn. One day, one of the males killed his mate for no apparent reason, and then the other "couple" picked mercilessly on the leftover male because he was "odd man out" and I wound up having to remove him. They were grown by this time, but you see why I caution you about a group of them - once bitten, twice shy!

You could definitely have 4 males, or 4 females for that matter. I don't know of any sure way to tell, maybe if you vent them, but you'll find out before too long.

Wildlife is so interesting. I had no idea that they would/could get so aggressive during/before/after mating. I guess "Angels" kinda led me into this thought.

I know sexing the angels is almost impossible and I wouldn't really want to know until something actually happens. Right now, they are schooling together like the best of friends and I guess you already know that they are curious and swim up to see you. The fact that my face doesn't frighten them is really special. :wink:

Thanks again TG!

Back
Top Bottom