Stock List for 75Gallon Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am creating a 75 gallon tank with very heavy vegitation, with a drift wood center piece. My fish will be stocked slowly 4-5 at a time.

10 Neon Tettras
10 Guppies
4x German Blue Rams (2x Pair) <--- Will get theses after my tank is well astablished, Thinking about 2-3 months after i set it up (Tell me what you think of this)
3x Dwarf Gourmies (Not sure on 2x Males 1x Female or 2x Females 1x Male)
4-5 Zebra Loaches

Give me your thoughts

CleverBs said:
I am creating a 75 gallon tank with very heavy vegitation, with a drift wood center piece. My fish will be stocked slowly 4-5 at a time. This is a work in progress and currently have 9 Guppies in my 10 gallon.

15 Neon Tettras
20 Guppies 7x Male 13x Feamale
3x Angel Fish
3x Dwarf Gourmies

Trying to decide on what Pleco to get thinking about maybe getting 2x Mega Clown Plecos to help controle algea, but I would really like some other ideas of cool looking Plecos that would do well in my tank, I dont want ones that get to big that will rip my plants apart.

Also trying to decide if I should get a few Loaches or a puffer fish to controle my Snail issue I am sure ill end up having. my thought is that ill have a bunch of snail shells all over my tank if i use the loaches but the puffer breaks the shell when it eats the snails so this way I wont have shells all over.

Give me your thoughts

Maybe a different tetra? The neons could be eaten. You could try to devoid this by adding the angels last with full grown tetras but it doesn't mean they won't.

Personally I like BN plecos. All up to you though :)

If you have a snail problem an assassin snail will get rid of all of them.

That's quite a lot of guppies...

Maybe a different tetra? The neons could be eaten. You could try to devoid this by adding the angels last with full grown tetras but it doesn't mean they won't.

Personally I like BN plecos. All up to you though :)

I may do Jumbo Neon tetras? they would get big enough i would think, or maybe i could just try and get some full grown Neons from my lfs

If you have a snail problem an assassin snail will get rid of all of them.

That's quite a lot of guppies...

well thats max on the guppies, I am planning on just having 9 and letting them have fry in my 10 gallon and pick out a few select ones for my tank and the rest I will be supplying to a lfs

it really depends on what pleco/snail solver i end up with on how many guppies i have. i would really like Loaches or a puffer just in general.

maybe ill get a Vampire Pleco they are really cool.

3 angelfish is a bad number.
Keep them either solo, breeding pairs, or, 4 or more.

why so many guppies? They will overrun your tank!

3 angelfish is a bad number.
Keep them either solo, breeding pairs, or, 4 or more.

why so many guppies? They will overrun your tank!

Like i said im not planning on this many honestly ill have less then this. and i guess ill have 4 and cut my guppies down, so I should have 2 Males 2 Females

Like i said im not planning on this many honestly ill have less then this. and i guess ill have 4 and cut my guppies down, so I should have 2 Males 2 Females

unless you purchase established breeding pairs from the LFS, it will be difficult to sex the angelfish.
Your best bet will be to purchase 4 angelfish (all the same size) and let them pair off on their own.

But to answer your question, it doesn't really matter what sexes the 4 angelfish are, just as long as there is more than three!

I noticed you are also interested in 3 dwarf gouramis.

Sex is important with gouramis - males can become very territorial (they are related to bettas).

You should be fine, since you have a large tank and plan to have lots of vegetation/driftwood.
I just recommend at least one female in that group -Keep the males on their toes ;)

I noticed you are also interested in 3 dwarf gouramis.

Sex is important with gouramis - males can become very territorial (they are related to bettas).

You should be fine, since you have a large tank and plan to have lots of vegetation/driftwood.
I just recommend at least one female in that group -Keep the males on their toes ;)

yeah i planned on doing 2 males 1 female, I am just unsure on how to sex them so im hoping the guys at my lfs know how.

Decided on my Stock

I edited the first post.

LMK what you think of it.

May keep my Guppies in my 10 gallon not sure yet we will see.

I may also get a Vampire or Golden Nugget placo but fear over crowding my tank

I am creating a 75 gallon tank with very heavy vegitation, with a drift wood center piece. My fish will be stocked slowly 4-5 at a time.

10 Neon Tettras
10 Guppies
4x German Blue Rams (2x Pair) <--- Will get theses after my tank is well astablished, Thinking about 2-3 months after i set it up (Tell me what you think of this)
3x Dwarf Gourmies (Not sure on 2x Males 1x Female or 2x Females 1x Male)
4-5 Zebra Loaches

Give me your thoughts
I am not familiar with zebra loaches, but everything else looks fine. I think you would be ok to add a small pleco like a bn or set of pitbulls also. Another option for you would be honey gouramis instead of dg. They are very peaceful, and a bit bigger than the dg.
If you do keep the guppies in you 10, what would you want to replace them with? You do do black neons or some other peaceful schooler.

I am not familiar with zebra loaches, but everything else looks fine. I think you would be ok to add a small pleco like a bn or set of pitbulls also. Another option for you would be honey gouramis instead of dg. They are very peaceful, and a bit bigger than the dg.
If you do keep the guppies in you 10, what would you want to replace them with? You do do black neons or some other peaceful schooler.

Honestly i LOVE the way DG look they are one of my favorite fish. i may look into the honeys however, my dg i have now is extreamly peacefull, hes never bothered any of my guppies.

do you think that guppies will be ok in the same water priam. need for GBR?
Yes. Honestly, guppies are pretty adaptable as long as they are acclimated well. Most fish are. GBR are notorious for being sensitive though, so its a good idea to set things at the preference of the GBR.

Back
Top Bottom