Stock my 5 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 5 gallon that will be decorated with rocks and some pothos vine roots hanging in the tank. (plus duckweed) What fish would look cool in that setup? I kinda want something that lurks in the roots and looks mean lol Any suggestions?
Thanks and God bless!

In a 5 gallon you are very limited also do you have a heater and filter. I would just do a male crowntail betta they look awesome. Also I would add 2 African dwarf frogs. Or you could do a betta and 10 ghost shrimp and a few Malaysian trumpet snails or nerite snails. Also a few shrimp may get eaten also watch for any aggression from the betta.

In a 5 gallon you are very limited also do you have a heater and filter. I would just do a male crowntail betta they look awesome. Also I would add 2 African dwarf frogs. Or you could do a betta and 10 ghost shrimp and a few Malaysian trumpet snails or nerite snails. Also a few shrimp may get eaten also watch for any aggression from the betta.
I have both a heater and a filter. I want to see what other option there are besides a betta. The water has to much flow for one anyway....

Shrimp that tank!!

Get some flowing DW an some mosses, some low light plants (java fern, Anubias) and maybe some floating plants (not sure on the best for that tank)

Then take thousands of pics for me :p

Or else you could do micro fish such as celestial pearl danios and dwarf rasboras look nice with shrimp to

josh7 said:
Or else you could do micro fish such as celestial pearl danios and dwarf rasboras look nice with shrimp to

Be a Shrimp Farmer :) Grow some RCS and after you have a lot and plenty of plants add a Scarlet Badis. Tiny predator. Will pick off new born Shrimp but mine doesn't bother adults.

Mine is my Avatar.

Or Micro Rasboras or CPDs as was suggested.

Or a CPO. My Cray is nice :). Just not with Shrimp, mine is in with my bigger fish, Cherry Barbs n Harl. Rasboras.

Hmmm..... So what do yall think would look good with the dull setup? It will have no plants but a anubias maybe. So rocks roots and sand. Which fish would match that best?

Back
Top Bottom