stocked and rocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdw1731

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank cycled a couple weeks ago and I and finally fully stocked.
I got a dwarf flame and a blue dwarf gourami. The blue one is the bully but the red one has started to nip back...good for him.

I got 6 diamond tetras and 3 spotted corys. I bought some ghost shrimp for clean up duty but they either got eaten or they got too close to the filter..oh well.

The last 2 pieces i wanted were a blue knight lobster and a GBR. well, i found both of them at Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, MD. The GBR, come to find out is a slow moving, overly peaceful sort...he didn't make it 6 hours before the lobster snatched him. The others do a great job of letting him be and i try to keep him well fed. Live and learn.

Did my 2nd post-cycle pwc today and my water params are still spot on. I was concerned that my water wasnt really clear but then i actually scraped the inner walls and voila...thin layer of algae was the culprit.

I vacced and got quite a bit of floaties off of the topmost gravel...yuck. I wish i would have gotten darker gravel. The fish blend in too much, methinks

Last thing, I feed twice a day but skip Saturdays feeding. Sound good? If I fed them as much as they could eat in 2-3 minutes, they'd all be fat as thanksgiving Tom

Thansk again AA for all your help thru this

44521-albums2396-picture15599.jpg

44521-albums2396-picture15601.jpg

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/44521-albums2396-picture15600.jpg

well done, slightly odd stocking but oh well ;P
very nicely decorated! im sorry to hear about the GBR :(
the feedings ok, i do once every two days of colour formula flakes and they go wild, seem v happy.
imo, watch the lobster... naughty things and now has a taste for blood mawahahaa. anyway, looks intesting with the colours :D

Back
Top Bottom