Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

stocking

hi, i have a 65 gallon tank, i have 2 bala shark's in it and was wondering if i could add angel fish to the tank without the balas being aggresive towards them? i have some tetra and a rainbow shark aswell.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

your concern should be that the balas will outgrow the tank in no time... they need, imo, at least a 6' tank and at least 180 gallons

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
I agree with MFD. To answer your question though, you should be fine keeping the two together....just start looking for a much larger tank for the Balas or consider rehoming them when they get too big.

You may want to keep an eye on your Bloodfins...sometimes they are nippy. Just notice the Angel's fins and be sure they stay intact. The Bloodfins would by my 1st guess if your Angel gets nipped.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with the above, but should also add that mature angels and RBS do not mix well IME. Skip the balas or rehome them is truly the best advice that I could offer, but I also understand the hesitation to get rid of fish.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:15 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yes i do have plans on buying a much larger tank for the bala's, but i still have time as they are barely 2 inches long. but thanks for the advice.

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com