stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi, i have a 65 gallon tank, i have 2 bala shark's in it and was wondering if i could add angel fish to the tank without the balas being aggresive towards them? i have some tetra and a rainbow shark aswell.

I agree with MFD. To answer your question though, you should be fine keeping the two together....just start looking for a much larger tank for the Balas or consider rehoming them when they get too big.

You may want to keep an eye on your Bloodfins...sometimes they are nippy. Just notice the Angel's fins and be sure they stay intact. The Bloodfins would by my 1st guess if your Angel gets nipped.

I agree with the above, but should also add that mature angels and RBS do not mix well IME. Skip the balas or rehome them is truly the best advice that I could offer, but I also understand the hesitation to get rid of fish.

yes i do have plans on buying a much larger tank for the bala's, but i still have time as they are barely 2 inches long. but thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom