Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a newly cycled 10 gallon..
So I kinda want a female beta...
What else??
Has to be sold in most chain stores.. And not to expensive..
Thanks,
Fishie... :)

Uhm...bettas are slow moving and pretty chill. So you're going to want fish that are also slow moving and non aggressive and chill to avoid stress on the beta. Good luck and have fun.

you could do more ADFs if it was only them and the betta,like...5 or so.

You'll have to excuse me for not knowing what ADF is. And I don't really have experience with housing bettas with other fish. I've just heard what I said earlier. Hopefully someone else will stop by.

You'll have to excuse me for not knowing what ADF is. And I don't really have experience with housing bettas with other fish. I've just heard what I said earlier. Hopefully someone else will stop by.
african dwarf frogs. they are small fully aquatic frogs,that thrive in basically the same conditions as a betta.

Haha. I just didnt know what it stood for but thanks. New here. Lots of abbreviations.

Fishie said:
I have a newly cycled 10 gallon..
So I kinda want a female beta...
What else??
Has to be sold in most chain stores.. And not to expensive..
Thanks,
Fishie... :)

Ghost shrimp, RCS, or amano shrip are options to consider.

I kept my betta with a dwarf frog. They were good tank mates together. However, my betta was a huge fan of eating shrimp. Even when they were too big for him to eat, he would harrass them and eat their legs off until they died. I would not recommend shrimp with all bettas. You will need to see what yours will think of them.

Looks good :) You may(or may not) have to remove your Betta while feeding your ADF's. I've heard many stories of a quick moving female getting the ADF food before the frog could even get close to it, then the female Betta getting bloated. Also watch how your Betta reacts with the Neons. Them being "darty" fish might could stress her out. But generally Females do better in comm. tanks ten males. Good luck!

Actually it's a male beta. But he's not agrgessive at all. He has his corner where I feed his food and the neons have a section an the frogs get fed In a bowl inside a cave... I

Sounds like he has set-up his personal space! If a Neon goes near his corner and he flares, don't worry he's just saying "stay away from my turf!!" It's normal. But with him being a male, you'll have to watch your Neons, some like to pick on long -finned, slow-moving fish. One more thing....PICS! :-D

Back
Top Bottom