Stocking 20 high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K so I have an empty 20 high and was wondering what to stock it with

Hmmm since its high I would do maybe neon tetras or fancy guppies. Maybe 5 or 6 tetras? It just depends of what you might like.

You could turn it into a cichld tank with Smaller african cichlids.
Or have a community with a shoal of cory catfish, possibly a gourami, some livenearers.
A school of glass catfish if you have lots of plants.

You could turn it into a cichld tank with Smaller african cichlids.
Or have a community with a shoal of cory catfish, possibly a gourami, some livenearers.
A school of glass catfish if you have lots of plants.

I don't think any Africans are small enough for a 20g high...

Yeah the gbrs would world and if you get kuhuli loaches make sure that you get 6-8 as they are highly social and will hide constantly without the company of their own kind. A single ram would work good or maybe even a pair, after that you could add a small school of 3-6 tetras, hatchet fish, or a smaller live bearer.

Yeah the gbrs would world and if you get kuhuli loaches make sure that you get 6-8 as they are highly social and will hide constantly without the company of their own kind. A single ram would work good or maybe even a pair, after that you could add a small school of 3-6 tetras, hatchet fish, or a smaller live bearer.
Ok so could I do 8 kuhuli loaches 1 or 2 rams and then 6 tetras as a stock?
And if the rams bred what should I do with babies?

Rams tend to be really good parents and most of the fry will survive so just remove them when they get about an inch to an inch and a half and sell them to your Lfs for decent money. What filter do you plan on running? And will it be planted?

It will be planted and I have an aqua clear 70 as my filter

Back
Top Bottom