Stocking 20 high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rams tend to leave the fry just for food so if they breed and you feed them they will leave the eggs/fry just to get something to eat

really aqua clear 70 on a 20 gallon your gonna kill your fish just because of they flow and that wont fit on the back of the tank it is to big. i would go with a max of aquaclear 40-50 and min of a 20-30

really aqua clear 70 on a 20 gallon your gonna kill your fish just because of they flow and that wont fit on the back of the tank it is to big. i would go with a max of aquaclear 40-50 and min of a 20-30

Aquaclears are adjustable. Putting it on the lowest flow, having a high water level, and putting a pre-filter sponge should make it reasonable.

Aquaclears are adjustable. Putting it on the lowest flow, having a high water level, and putting a pre-filter sponge should make it reasonable.
That is what the flow looks like

Attachments

• image-4142427867.jpg
    image-4142427867.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image-4042349104.jpg
    image-4042349104.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 58
Rams tend to be really good parents and most of the fry will survive so just remove them when they get about an inch to an inch and a half and sell them to your Lfs for decent money. What filter do you plan on running? And will it be planted?
Do you need a license or something like that to sell them to the local fish store?

Hey guys would I need to change water parameters to something specifically if I want them to breed and be healthy

You don't need soft water and a low PH for rams unless they are wild caught. My rams are in a PH of 7.6 and fairy hard water (We get hard water stains) and they breed fairly often.

You don't need soft water and a low PH for rams unless they are wild caught. My rams are in a PH of 7.6 and fairy hard water (We get hard water stains) and they breed fairly often.

Tank raised rams do NOT need soft acidic water. But to properly hatch and raise the fry, I'm pretty sure they do. My LFS is a breeder and from my research this is what I've gotten.

Well they aren't wild caught as far as I know and I have acidic water if I need it so I will try both I guess

Agree with Scottyhorse on this one... Plenty of people succesfully breed rams in higher ph water without any problems. Mimicking their natural environment will help, such as leaf litter and of course natural plants. I use Indian almond leafs in my GBR tank and they love them.

Ok so I have a pair of gold rams as a stock
6 tetras
And 6-8 kuhlis are you guys sure I can keep that many kuhlis in a 20 high

Back
Top Bottom