Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone I was wondering if my stocking was good and if I can add more fish and if I can wht fish should I get...25 gallon
2 Dalmatian mollies
2 red wag platies
5 seprea tetras

What filter is on the tank?

You're pretty close to stocked but you could add a group of 4 small corys (Corydoras) to the tank for something at the bottom: panda cory, cory pygmaeus, cory hasbrosus or cory hastus are ones that stay fairly small; get 4 of the same type of whichever one you choose.

Watch the Serpaes, they may nip at your mollies.

librarygirl said:
What filter is on the tank?

You're pretty close to stocked but you could add a group of 4 small corys (Corydoras) to the tank for something at the bottom: panda cory, cory pygmaeus, cory hasbrosus or cory hastus are ones that stay fairly small; get 4 of the same type of whichever one you choose.

Watch the Serpaes, they may nip at your mollies.

I think it's the tetra whisper 30

librarygirl said:
At some point you might want to think about either getting a larger filter or adding a second one (AquaClears are good filters; an AC 50 or 70 would be a good choice).

If I do more frequent water changes would I be ok

Guggiboy123 said:
If I do more frequent water changes would I be ok

Probably yes. I would also recommend a small group of Cories, depending on your substrate. If it's rough gravel it will Hurt their barbels. If it's smooth gravel or sand they'll thrive! I hope lol!

Samzter said:
Probably yes. I would also recommend a small group of Cories, depending on your substrate. If it's rough gravel it will Hurt their barbels. If it's smooth gravel or sand they'll thrive! I hope lol!

I don't have smooth gravel

Samzter said:
Oh okay, it sounds okay. You could change to sand if you notice barbel damage :)

Ok Srry I don't know wht a barbel is is Tht like their bottom fins

Back
Top Bottom